Felt like adding even more complexity to my NOAA satellite system: Composite images.
At the moment I’m just putting the following code into my render computer:
wxproj -p cylindrical /tmp/$image /tmp/$proj
And then manually aligning everything in GIMP with moderate success.
My next plan is to automate it in quite possibly an overly complex way:
- To start: Make a list of all the images you want to add to the composite
- Sort them based on the position of the red X (designating the receiving station) from left to right along the x-axis.
- Find the (x,y) position of the red X in all images.
- Copy all images overtop of each other aligned to the red X.
- Geotag the location of the X so you can add it to something like Openstreemaps or Google Maps.
Sounds simple, probably going to be much harder than that.
Also I made all my code available on my newly created github account: https://github.com/va7eex/Pi_WXRX