NOAA Satellites Pt 4

The very first composite image I made of the satellite passes on 20 Feb 2017 between 6:30 and 8:30 am.

Felt like adding even more complexity to my NOAA satellite system: Composite images.

At the moment I’m just putting the following code into my render computer:

wxproj -p cylindrical /tmp/$image /tmp/$proj

And then manually aligning everything in GIMP with moderate success.

My second attempt at a composite image using the NOAA satellite passes between 6:00 and 8:00 am on 21 Feb 2017

My next plan is to automate it in quite possibly an overly complex way:

  1. To start: Make a list of all the images you want to add to the composite
  2. Sort them based on the position of the red X (designating the receiving station) from left to right along the x-axis.
  3. Find the (x,y) position of the red X in all images.
  4. Copy all images overtop of each other aligned to the red X.
  5. Geotag the location of the X so you can add it to something like Openstreemaps or Google Maps.

Sounds simple, probably going to be much harder than that.

Also I made all my code available on my newly created github account: https://github.com/va7eex/Pi_WXRX